Apply to get started with AccessAbility

To start working with AccessAbility, apply for what you're interested in using the instructions below.

Before you apply

Find out what we offer

Find out who is eligible

How do I apply for a Needs Assessment?

There are two ways to apply. You can apply yourself, or ask a family member, friend or your health professional to complete an application on your behalf.

Option one

Download and fill out an Application for a Needs Assessment, then email it to or post it to your local AccessAbility office.

Download Application for a Needs Assessment Word Document (534KB doc)

Download Application for a Needs Assessment PDF Document (466KB pdf)

First time applications

If it’s the first time you have worked with us, please ask your doctor or specialist to fill out a ‘Confirming your disability’ form and attach it to your application.

Download Confirming your disability form Word Document (512KB doc)

Download Confirming your disability form PDF Document (445KB pdf)

Option two

Contact your local office and we’ll help you to complete your application over the phone, via email or in person.

Find the contact details for your local office

How do I start working with a Local Area Coordinator?

Option one

Contact the Local Area Coordinator for your area.

Jenny Hogg, Team Leader and Local Area Coordinator for Southland

Phone: 03 928 5253
Mobile: 027 445 4622

Harriet Toa, Local Area Coordinator for Dunedin

Phone: 03 929 1433
Mobile: 027 500 2281

Lina Langford, Local Area Coordinator for Invercargill

Phone: 03 928 5231
Mobile: 027 445 4621

Option two

Contact our Otago and Southland office to ask about Local Area Coordination.

Phone: 0800 758 700

Level 1, Burns House
10 George Street

Option three

Talk to us during your next Needs Assessment and ask to be referred to a Local Area Coordinator.

How do I apply for Service Coordination?

There is no need to apply for Service Coordination. If you’ve had a Needs Assessment with AccessAbility, we’ll contact you to find and organise supports that suit you.

If you’re over 65, have an age-related disability and live in Whanganui, your District Health Board may refer you to AccessAbility.After we receive your referral, we will contact you. We will then work with you to find and organise supports.

Not sure what you need to do?

We are always happy to talk to you. If you have any questions about how to get started, please contact us.

Find the contact details for your local office